There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Great place to buy from, not so great to work for.

Current Employee - Picker  in  Murfreesboro, TN
Current Employee - Picker in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Above average pay for entry level warehouse work. The general attitude of Amazon is pretty nice at first. Training is thorough.

Cons

Long hours (10 hour days), tons of mandatory overtime, extremely strict policies, constantly changing procedures while still writing up employees.

3557 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Make an impact!

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

They legitimately want to remain number 1 in the industry. If job security is important to you, then you definitely want to work with people who have a clue. Their is a healthy paranoia around staying number 1 and targeting seemingly unachievable goals (but somehow always achieving them).

Cons

You will work hard. You will not be able to slack. Slackers don't last long. If you think you can "work less but work smarter", this is not the place for you. People here are both smart AND they work hard. That's not to say their isn't a work-life balance. It's just that slacking is not culturally acceptable or tolerated as it is in other companies. Want to "ride it out" to retirement? Again not the place. As long as you work here, you will work hard, but also contribute to great things.

All business

Current Employee - Senior IT  in  Jeffersonville, IN
    Current Employee - Senior IT in Jeffersonville, IN

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seemingly endless headroom for advancment.

Cons

The point policy for IT is crap considering we are expected to show when the warehouse needs us but also held to a set schedule which is contradicting.

Treat you IT staff with the respect people in that position should be treated with. We are not an average floor worker.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!