Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

It is the best warehouse job.

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

The pay is good, you work 10 hour days and only work 4 hours. i worked the night time shift which still wasnt that bad.

Cons

It gets really hot in the summer time. Depending on your job it can get repetitive and some jobs require more exercise then others.

Place more water throughout the warehouse.

3840 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Smoke and Mirrors

Former Employee - Premium Support Engineer (DSE) in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Premium Support Engineer (DSE) in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free coffee, smart people and a 10% Amazon discount across the board. Macbook Pros are nice too.

Cons

Working at AWS in their "Support" department was a real let down for me. I went from owning projects and creating new systems to answering phone calls and chats explaining to moronic customers that they are wrong, how to fix it and then wait for them to fix it while having a read-only view into their environment. My job could be done just as easily without a real computer, I only need some device to stream details out of our many databases.

Indentured servitude. Seriously, soon as you join Amazon you're not allowed to leave for a year or you can owe them over $20,000 really quickly. Beware, only take this job if you want to answer chats and phone calls all day. For anyone who craves or needs hands on, this isn't for you. I'm leaving before I jump off the 27th floor of the building for having my soul sucked out of my chest, I'm eating the bill from Amazon and filing bankruptcy. Nothing else I can hope to do. My personal joy in life is worth more to me than the bragging rights of working at Amazon.

Lunch and food on site is overpriced, management usually hides in their office cubes with no interaction and the emphasis on "numbers" is there even though they claim it's not.

8 month experienced managers telling people things that are obviously wrong like "The CentOS project is the upstream for RHEL" is ridiculous. Why interview technically if no technical skill is required to do this job? Why not just hire Comcast Tech Support drop outs instead of wasting engineers in the work force?

Explain the job role properly to prospective engineers, you got me in on false pretenses. I want to walk into your office and scream "F*** YOU", but I can't.

Warehouse employees are REQUIRED to work to the bone! Beware it is tuff work!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazon offers great benefits like stock shares when you are full- time. Always busy so hours aren't and issue and competitive pay raises**! You receive a raise every six months then they are given annually. Quick and easy to make money with a seasonal position.

Cons

Seasonal is comparable to sweatshop work! Very tuff physical labor and expect a mandatory schedule of 60 hours.- full time positions have been rumored ( and lived up to) unemployment after " maxing out on their payroll scales... Warehouse workers will make about $14 hourly and they find ways to fire people ( not my experience) after they have been maxed at the $14** hr mark.... You max out after about 4 years, right when employees are comfortable with their position and relying on the income... Amazon hubs do not seem to value their employees and do not tell a whole lot about their company in whole upon highering... Let alone your position and what your position means to the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com