Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Challenging, fast paced, innovative, interesting

Current Employee - Process Assistant in Breinigsville, PA
Current Employee - Process Assistant in Breinigsville, PA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Amazon has been good to me and has taught me things I would have never learned elsewhere. There are many opportunities if you work hard enough.

Cons

Communication between departments and on a facility wide level. Disorganization in some areas.

Engage your associates, appreciate the smallest jobs because without or associates, we wouldn't have a job.

4390 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Mechanical Turker

Current Contractor - Mechanical Turker
    Current Contractor - Mechanical Turker

I have been working at Amazon.com as a contractor

Pros

Work at my own pace

Cons

Pay is very low and takes a lot of time to earn good money

Hit or Miss

Current Employee - CSA III in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - CSA III in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Amazon has great core values and strives to constantly innovate. They aren't satisfied with the status quo. They make moves that others won't and they continue to get better. I *like* the company and want to stay here but due to the con's, it's challenging to do so without having lobotomy.

Cons

Working in customer support is really challenging. What makes Amazon great as a customer is what makes working as a CSA painful. Amazon has created horrible entitled customers and gives in them constantly. There is no room to move in the VCC division (work at home). If a position opens up, 3/4 of your CS team are applying for it along with the dozens of other CS teams not to mention other Amazon employees and outside. They don't pay well (though benefits are good). A lot of what they espouse for their values don't seem to apply in the VCC team. It's almost a separate company.

Pay attention to this VCC team. The people YOU are choosing, are killing it. You may hideously bad decisions for leadership, knock down the good people, and coddle the drones who do nothing but give out concessions to keep their metrics good. Practice what you preach. If you really do believe the tenets, let it come to play in advancement and promotion---not just show up on paper.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com