Amazon.com

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Amazon Web Services

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A lot of interesting projects and smart people to work along side.

Cons

There are very few cons to this job.

3842 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Dead End Tech Job

Current Employee - CSS - Control Systems Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - CSS - Control Systems Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay == OK
    Benefits == OK
    Big Name On Resume == OK
    Mindless Job == OK (If you are looking for that)

Cons

Stock Bonus == Minimal (The dangling carrot, they try and use the same bonus on every review cycle to pad the "Overall Compensation Package").
    Advancement == Minimal (Seen very few promotions, appeared to be based on favoritism vs. technical abilities)
    Continuing Education == Poor / Non-Existant (After 3 years only ~2k/year towards AA degree).
    Management Attitude == Condescending ("Punching Bag of the Fulfillment Center").
    Use of Technical Skills == Poor / Non-Existant (Not allowed to think outside the cardboard box).

Stop the revolving door with managers. Stop placing managers with zero technical knowledge in charge of technical areas... "I'm in charge what do we do?"

Create infrastructure that captures knowledge and best known methods vs. reinventing the wheel every time a new batch of recent college graduate managers show up (every few months).

Ridiculous policy ridiculous turnover rate

Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Gouldsboro, PA
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Gouldsboro, PA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They keep you informed about what is going on in the company benefits are great and pay is getting better

Cons

They go threw employees like no other company I have ever seen I was only there for a little over a month and employees were dropping like flies it is a concern for everyone that works there everyone who works there asks how much longer till their number is up I personally know of at least 18 employees being fired just since I was there some deserved it but most where excellent employees that were fired for ridiculous reasons like stretching, telling management a concern they had, and even for writing the wrong date on a piece of paper for overtime.if you're honestly considering working for this company do yourself a favor only plan on it being extremely temporary while you look for another job....unless of course you are absolutely perfect and flawless in every way just because you show up when you're supposed too and work at 110% is not enough for this company!!!!!!!!

If you have an employee that is a great employee you should keep then working for you and not make it impossible to keep working hard for you

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com