Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Amazon - For the fast and furious

ProsAt Amazon the perfect is not the enemy of the good. It's a place where one can produce good work quickly along with a plan for incremental improvement that moves toward perfection.
Lots of resources means that although Amazon may be behind in an area; when the business sees that something is important, it can ramp quickly to the status of parity and even as a pace setter. Lots of ownership. Lots of latitude to resolve ambiguity in creative ways. RSUs are super! Relocation! Cash bonus at signing! Royal treatment during recruiting!

ConsSiloed. Managment by project sometimes makes people managers of project managers. As a result, it can be hard to get support for personal development.
The pace of work is often too fast to deliver the "highest quality". So rework is often required.
Leadership principles are excellent as a guide, but could use improvement in consistent execution. More time should be spent developing people and modeling the leadership principles and core competencies.

Ops Engineering Intern Program

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good manager, nice enough people, ambitious company, interesting experience Cons: Relocation mandatory, a lot of corporate platitudes, middle management turnover… Advice to Senior Management: Investigate ways to either better retain middle management team or… More

Terrible place to work..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: 10% off on Amazon products.. Cons: What do you get when you combine the retail mindset of Amazon with the hubris of Microsoft? AWS! From top to bottom, this company drinks… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!