Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Amazon - For the fast and furious

ProsAt Amazon the perfect is not the enemy of the good. It's a place where one can produce good work quickly along with a plan for incremental improvement that moves toward perfection.
Lots of resources means that although Amazon may be behind in an area; when the business sees that something is important, it can ramp quickly to the status of parity and even as a pace setter. Lots of ownership. Lots of latitude to resolve ambiguity in creative ways. RSUs are super! Relocation! Cash bonus at signing! Royal treatment during recruiting!

ConsSiloed. Managment by project sometimes makes people managers of project managers. As a result, it can be hard to get support for personal development.
The pace of work is often too fast to deliver the "highest quality". So rework is often required.
Leadership principles are excellent as a guide, but could use improvement in consistent execution. More time should be spent developing people and modeling the leadership principles and core competencies.

LOVE amazon

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: The associates you work with are amazing!! It is a fun and rewarding… Cons: Some days you work long hours, specially over peak season, there is a lot… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Bait and Switch

Picking (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Facility was very clean is pretty much it. Cons: A/C set at 87 degrees in Phoenix in July. Employees are rude and run into you. Many employees sporting gang tattoos and apparel. Was… Advice to Senior Management: Raise the A/C temperature. Be nice to your employees by giving them 20 minutes per break and 45 for lunch. Maybe having a variety of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!