Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Hit or Miss

CSA III (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsAmazon has great core values and strives to constantly innovate. They aren't satisfied with the status quo. They make moves that others won't and they continue to get better. I *like* the company and want to stay here but due to the con's, it's challenging to do so without having lobotomy.

ConsWorking in customer support is really challenging. What makes Amazon great as a customer is what makes working as a CSA painful. Amazon has created horrible entitled customers and gives in them constantly. There is no room to move in the VCC division (work at home). If a position opens up, 3/4 of your CS team are applying for it along with the dozens of other CS teams not to mention other Amazon employees and outside. They don't pay well (though benefits are good). A lot of what they espouse for their values don't seem to apply in the VCC team. It's almost a separate company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to this VCC team. The people YOU are choosing, are killing it. You may hideously bad decisions for leadership, knock down the good people, and coddle the drones who do nothing but give out concessions to keep their metrics good. Practice what you preach. If you really do believe the tenets, let it come to play in advancement and promotion---not just show up on paper.

Very challenging, some favoritism but great learning opportunity

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Colleagues - most are very smart and extremely driven - type of work - new grads can be put on big… Cons: - no surprise, long hours - very "pressure cooker" type of environment, can get tiring very… Advice to Senior Management: Improve work/life balance and benefits - long hours with low… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Amazon WAH Customer Service Agent

WAH Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Working from home. Equipment provided. Decent pay. Cons: Management hard to reach at times. Very impersonal, having to… Advice to Senior Management: Be more available to your employees and don't push everything… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!