There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Great place to work

Current Employee - Wharehouse Associate in Carlisle, PA
Current Employee - Wharehouse Associate in Carlisle, PA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company is very competitive as far as wages and benefits. They offer good hours and regularly offer overtime. They treat everyone fairly and getting hired or promoted is a sinch if you work for it. I have never worked for a company that has such a strong culture on saftey and customer obsession. They do a good job at giving credit to the associates and put them in the spot light.

Cons

The building is a bit far from my home. The hours are a little outragious during the holiday season. The H.R. department is a little lacking in the overnight hours.

Keep it up

reviews filtered by

Bait and Switch

Current Employee - Picking in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Picking in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Facility was very clean is pretty much it.

Cons

A/C set at 87 degrees in Phoenix in July. Employees are rude and run into you. Many employees sporting gang tattoos and apparel. Was not told during orientation or first few days that 10 minutes were allowed daily for bathroom breaks, if needed, which means in the calculated 24 minutes a day, per shift, that you can sit down on a break/lunch, you deduct more time if nature calls. They see sweaty people rushing about like ants on crack but will not allow PowerAde or Gatorade onto the floor, where health wise, when you sweat like that, water doesn't cut it when you marathon walk for three hours at a time.

Raise the A/C temperature. Be nice to your employees by giving them 20 minutes per break and 45 for lunch. Maybe having a variety of schedules of part-time or 8 hour shifts. Stop hiring gang members - that tats give them away, hint, hint. Have staff go around checking on employees to make sure they are not having heat exhaustion. Drop your times so they are not so "only a professional athlete" could run the mods -- I had two minutes to get from one end to the other and there was no way I could do it, it wasn't fair.

Don't go there for H1B. Hires massively, managers average experience at Amazon Seller Sales is around one year!

Former Contractor - Systems Administrator in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Systems Administrator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I believe sales teams have a good culture and friendly. I really enjoyed working with them and helping them.

Cons

- Almost no one at seller sales has more than a year of experience at Amazon. Don't expect to see original Amazon culture here. There are some manages with two months of experience at Amazon.
    - Not much of good communication in my team (Sales Operation). My colleague seemed to be angry about something even the first day we met. My first manager left two days after I joined. My new manager didn't give me feedback on my performance and what he expects except for look at Amazon leadership value document.
    - Amazon didn't support for my H1B. I had a very good chance to have a great job. Amazon ruined it. I can't stay in the US anymore! Frustrating!

Be transparent, communicate with employees and give feedback, let them know what are the goals and what you expect.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com