Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Worst work environment for non-tech people. They do not provide much growth opportunity.

Operation Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsYou are always surrounded by the smartest engineers and skilled project managers. Very innovative and you are always asked to come up with new ideas and improvement.

ConsNo work-life balance, and the management does not show interest in your work-life balance. I have reported to 6 different managers so far, and only 1 of them showed sincere interest in the employees well-being.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to offer growth opportunity for those who are 'home grown' long time contributing Amazonians. I have seen many long time contributors (mainly people with non-tech positions) who end up being managed out but provided very little opportunity to continue contributing due to the company's very fast growth in the past 5 years. Even when you manage out, show some respect to them. They worked hard for you to establish the basic of Amazon. Pay more attention to their employees well-being too.

Great Company

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Interns get to work on their own project. They make you feel… Cons: Benefits are great, but not relative to other large companies… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Rewarding for the Working

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Fast Paced, Constantly Innovating, rewarding for those who put in the effort. Has… Cons: Some low morale, has serious problems with communication. Can promote Safety,… Advice to Senior Management: Keep your heads up and obsess over your associates. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!