There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Ridiculous policy ridiculous turnover rate

Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Gouldsboro, PA
Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Gouldsboro, PA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They keep you informed about what is going on in the company benefits are great and pay is getting better

Cons

They go threw employees like no other company I have ever seen I was only there for a little over a month and employees were dropping like flies it is a concern for everyone that works there everyone who works there asks how much longer till their number is up I personally know of at least 18 employees being fired just since I was there some deserved it but most where excellent employees that were fired for ridiculous reasons like stretching, telling management a concern they had, and even for writing the wrong date on a piece of paper for overtime.if you're honestly considering working for this company do yourself a favor only plan on it being extremely temporary while you look for another job....unless of course you are absolutely perfect and flawless in every way just because you show up when you're supposed too and work at 110% is not enough for this company!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

If you have an employee that is a great employee you should keep then working for you and not make it impossible to keep working hard for you

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Life on the fast lane!

Former Employee - Product Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never dull. Fast paced with plenty of things to do.
    Great role and responsibilities.
    Truly cares about customer benefits.
    People respect and listen to you if you are smart.
    Great brand value on your resume.

Cons

Fast paced. Takes a toll on work-life balance.
    As they have very small teams there is not enough fair distribution of responsibilities. Some people get overburdened and burnt out.
    Not enough mentorship. You either make it or you are asked to leave. No body cares about investing in people and making them successful.

Advice to Management

More mentorship. Invest in people and make them successful.
    Don't overburden employees. Hire more people instead.

Three and a half years and still loving my job at Amazon!

Current Employee - Recruting Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Recruting Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel very empowered, have great work-life balance, great unique culture, I am recognized for my contributions both financially and by the respect given by my leaders and peers. Amazon.com is a company that you can believe in and feel proud to be a part of.

Cons

I think that we need more creativity in our benefits. I think we could do a better job in employment branding.

Advice to Management

Understand the competition for great employees and continue to strive to have a strong employee value proposition.