Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

An exercise in becoming the best

Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsThe high standards expected of all employees ensure that if you ever choose to leave, you will never be stuck for further employment opportunities; Amazon wants you to be at your very best.
The ethos that Amazon promotes on a daily basis is an infectious one. The core Amazonian principles such as "Customer Obsession" are, in my opinion, easy to buy into and set the bar for other companies.

ConsThe flip-side of these high standards is that working at Amazon can be quite stressful, the job can be life-consuming. If you want to succeed at this company you have to be prepared to fully invest yourself.
The company, while it offers a competitive wage, needs to be more competitive in other regards to up the interest among potential employees. Other big names such as Google and Facebook promote a very appealing work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to smother employees with frugality. Leaving employees to pay for the single fussball table in a large office space starts making frugal look like a synonym for stingy.

Now I can design and implement cloud computing services

Computer Network and Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: the best and unique cloud service in the world Cons: very busy with work and stressful job Advice to Senior Management: be friend with your staff dude No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Excellent

SDE1 (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good emphasis on Coding and Designing of a application. Cons: Promotion is some what difficult Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!