Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Fantastic training ground for business management

Senior Business Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsIn a business management role, you'll have a high level of autonomy and potential to make significant financial impacts immediately. They will give you an extraordinary amount of responsibility right away because the company is growing faster than they can hire.

ConsVery stressful having to answer questions from upper management all the time on your business' performance. Data reporting systems are rudimentary, so you'll have to learn how to pull your own data and process it, which can be very time consuming. Also, this isn't the place to go if you like to receive positive reinforcement regularly. They won't recognize your work unless you do something groundbreaking.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest heavily in better data reporting infrastructure. Consider putting more emphasis on a culture of mentorship and positive reinforcement.

Operations Intern at a California fulfillment center

Operations Leadership Intern (Former Employee) San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Lots of freedom to explore projects, good overview of how… Cons: Very little guidance from management as far as giving me specific things to work on, lots of employee turnover and transitions, forced to find… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Solid but could be better

Area Manager (Former Employee) Allentown, PA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fast paced, day goes by quickly. Freedom to run area as you… Cons: No work/life balance. Short sighted at times as the push for continuous improvement… Advice to Senior Management: Don't rely so much on the Pathways Program. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!