Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Fire hose, lots of talent, constant change, high bar, rewarding.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI'm with the AWS side of the company and I've been impressed with how much talent you are surrounded by. Things are very dynamic with often interesting problems to solve and great community feeling of knowledge sharing. Also fun with frequent parties and beer bash type social events.

ConsMy view is that of an SE which is a smaller subset of the people at Amazon. The skills you need to get in here aren't going to be used (generally speaking) once you get here. Lots of things are done in very Amazon specific ways (for scale) that may not translate to smaller companies. This isn't a 'con' so much as a word of caution depending on your career goals and position.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes there's too much overhead. Dealing with external vendors for example which is a requirement in some cases.. is very painful and protracted. Another example is the work built around forecasting... For a company that changes direction with major projects so frequently is it really wise to spend so many cycles forecasting out more than 1 year at the team level?

Innovative company, difficult for upward movement

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Innovative Free reign Working for the winning team Cons: Extremely frugal, lack of resources, extremely lean Impossible to get promoted Advice to Senior Management: Some leaders are very poor choices. Do not have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Experience here at Amazon is good

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros: learn a lot about software development. Cons: There're room for the working environment to improve. More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!