Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Experience here at Amazon is good

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

learn a lot about software development.

Cons

There're room for the working environment to improve.

3931 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

It sucks life out of you, and really cheap.

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

None, maybe some interesting work, but you quickly realize "Quality is never a priority".

Cons

- I am yet to see a happy employee here.
    - Based on numbers I got a raise of 30%, but thanks to deceptive compensation techniques, I ended up with almost same pay.
    - Benefits suck.
    - If you dont live in Seattle downtown this is not a place for you, company doenst provide parking or for that matter coffee.
    - Its an "yes boss" culture, best people are the ones who are ready to work 80 hours a week. If you have a life too bad, it doesnt exist for many here.

Hype, Smoke and Mirrors. No Substance and no longevity.

Former Employee - Development Support Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Development Support Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It looks fantastic on a resume, I think.

Cons

Amazon charges you to work there in forms of food, drinks and so on. It's a very expensive place to work, staying on campus and eating "healthy" will run you roughly $18-20 a day, or $100/week. That means before taxes you should expect to spend $5200/year on simply being at work. After taxes that's almost a single paycheck. Paychecks are only drafted on the first of the month, meaning if something happens and it drains your account, you may be looking at up to 30 days before you see another dollar.

Management doesn't care about you, you're replaceable and they make that very clear to you right on day one. Don't like it? Well, we have a relocation and bonus hanging over your head to live in one of the most expensive cities in America. We can -- and will fire you and then you'll owe us 10-15 thousand dollars; or we'll sue you.

It's abysmal, not worth working here. If you want to live in Seattle. Work at Boeing or Microsoft.

I came up with my indentured servitude payments and quit. It cost me $14,500 to realize that Amazon was a horrible place. Don't make the same mistake as me.

Quit. All of you, quit.