There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Great Company, Unlimited possibilities, but they work you HARD

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good environment. Good culture. Comp pretty good. Narrative process is good and helps make things transparent. Business is extremely strong. Exciting and lots of upside and opportunity. Exec Mgmt is good team.

Cons

No work life balance. They work you very hard. i have been working 20+ years at major tech companies and this is the most hours i have ever worked - BY FAR. Employees care more about doing a half baked job and doing it themselves, versus working cross team. Two teams will be doing the same thing on same project because they want to take "ownership". No teamwork mentality. no free cokes - really??

Focus more on team work and less on individual accomplishment. Also fix the comp system so that you aren't a drone with a specific number.

3488 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

A lot of stress has been taken off my shoulders with this job.

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate  in  Haslet, TX
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Haslet, TX

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The benefits: All in all, the benefits are definitely fantastic.
    Holiday pay is awesome.
    Management is unbelievably down to earth and understanding to any issues that may occur. They are here to help you succeed as they say. I have never came across a job as helpful as Amazon in terms of caring for their employees.
    They are huge on safety policies and will not let you work in unsafe conditions/environments
    The opportunities to grow within this company is outstanding!

Cons

I have notice some cases of "favoritism" between management and employees.
    The rates can get difficult especially on those bad days.
    Sometimes, the system will glitch and I would have to really work tough during these glitches to keep my rate up.

Loved Amazon! Great pay & benefits!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

I loved working for Amazon they have great pay & benefits. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly I would gladly work for Amazon again. You defiantly need computer skills and know how to talk to people, but you have plenty of other people around you that are more than willing to help.

Cons

The way they change the schedules every few months and how they decide who gets what schedule makes it hard for people with children. The surveys that are needed to be done by customers in order to get good ratings it's not all that fair some people vote no because you were unable to help them the way they wanted due to policy etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!