Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Great Company, Unlimited possibilities, but they work you HARD

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGood environment. Good culture. Comp pretty good. Narrative process is good and helps make things transparent. Business is extremely strong. Exciting and lots of upside and opportunity. Exec Mgmt is good team.

ConsNo work life balance. They work you very hard. i have been working 20+ years at major tech companies and this is the most hours i have ever worked - BY FAR. Employees care more about doing a half baked job and doing it themselves, versus working cross team. Two teams will be doing the same thing on same project because they want to take "ownership". No teamwork mentality. no free cokes - really??

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on team work and less on individual accomplishment. Also fix the comp system so that you aren't a drone with a specific number.

Learned a lot, but difficult work environment

Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I meet and worked with some very smart people. And I was able to learn some cutting edge technology. Salary was decent. Advice for… Cons: Dev Managers rule the company. Their decisions will trump other people's feedback. The company promotes those that are technically gifted, but then provides no support… Advice to Senior Management: Start looking at your employees as long term assets. Provide training for managers so that they can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Make sure you know what you are signing up for --- Crazy hours and Compensation Traps

Area Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: -Top tier operations experience -Working with top talent Cons: -Not uncommon to work 60+ hours per week -Nights and Weekends -Compensation… Advice to Senior Management: -Practice what you preach -Follow up No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!