There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Fast Paced though casual

Current Employee - Technician  in  West Columbia, SC
Current Employee - Technician in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company name, casual though fast paced atmosphere, nice people. Having Amazon on your resume certainly is a plus, when you go looking for other work. And it is building for FCs across the country so opportunities to move up in the company come often.

Cons

Going through security, low pay, departments don't always work well together.

Make hand-offs between day and nights more complete. Inbound and Outbound need to work better together.

3488 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

The cream of the crop rise to the top.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hourly employees are offered plenty of overtime. Unless you intentionally make an effort to either miss work or be confrontational; you really have amazing job security. Interactions with other employees are fun. Competition and performance are encouraged.

Cons

Workflow is impeded by mismanagement and metric analysis by inexperienced analyzers. Negative reinforcement can be more common than positive. The hours that they expect everyone to work lead to a lot of experienced workers getting burnt-out and disenfranchised with the philosophy.

Continue to push for greatness, but be prepared to recognize that greatness. Weed out the negative attitude by showing upward mobility to hourly employees.

Despicable treatment of contract employees

Former Employee - Operations  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Operations in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Amazon.com as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I can't imagine anyone who would want to work here by choice.

Cons

lower level management: completely incompetent, threatening, drill sergeant managerial style. coworkers overworked to the point of hospitalization, and contract workers treated as second class citizens. Everything I read and feared about this company's sweatshop practices unfolded before my very eyes and things just went from bad to worse at times even with disregard to federal and state labor guidelines.

Your employees, be it subcontractors or salary payroll, are human begins. I don't even where to begin in a company seemingly devoid of ethical business practices.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!