There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Fast-paced work, which is rewarded by great pay and all-you-can-drink coffee and Gatorade.

Current Employee - Packer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Packer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and the daily benefits (all-you-can-drink coffee and Gatorade), reward system for reporting unsafe conditions ($20 gift card)

Cons

not for the slow-paced, no ability to accommodate people with school schedules, i.e. no part-time, boring 8-hour-long class to sit through on your very first day

Advice to Management

Please offer part-time opportunity to those in the staffing-company phase of the job!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Awesome!!!

Former Employee - Floor Supervosor in Coffeeville, AR
    Former Employee - Floor Supervosor in Coffeeville, AR

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Structure, Safety and by the book management.

Cons

Breaks were hard. You had to walk to break room and go through security to start your fifteen minute break took you 6 minutes just to get there. If want to heat something up to eat...well forget it. For 750 employees there were only 6 microwaves.

Advice to Management

That was my advise. As a floor supervisor myself, I was very successful at an encouraging approach with the production workers. Rather then a a brow beating approach which was the way I was treated when I started working for them 4 years ago.

2. Good managers with a hard work ethic.

Current Employee - Impact Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Impact Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, management was very understanding and helped you accomplish your goals. It is a very competitive atmosphere and the strong competitors will rise to the top and begin moving upwards. College graduates have mobility.

Cons

Constant work and tight schedules. You are only allotted two 15 minute paid breaks and one 30 minute unpaid break. Typical warehouse work for those who are suited to do it.

Advice to Management

Offer a little more personal leave to employees, not necessarily during high volume hours, but more available time to request off during down times and low peak days.