There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Get Ready

Current Employee - CSA  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
Current Employee - CSA in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The customer truly is #1--as a CSA, I have the authority to do just about whatever I think is right to make our customers happy (which makes ME happy). The dress code is uber casual (yup, you can wear your PJs to work), it's not a homogeneous group of employees, schedule changes are relatively easy, the environment is fun, and everyone is expected to have a sense of ownership in the company. Most employees are friendly and more than happy to help one another out with job performance issues and even a ride to work.

Cons

They are incredibly strict about attendance...they've got you timed down to seconds, and it's not flexible. DO NOT run out of unpaid time off (which is slim to begin with). Amazon is also super cheap (or, eh-hem, "frugal"). Better pay, benefits, and perks would be great. Employees get a 10% discount...up to $100 per year (excluding Prime memberships--which are totally full price).

Offer better perks and more flexibility to employees, even if it's just to compensate for the less than stellar pay rates. Other than that, you're on point!

3510 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

The retention in this company is really low and there are good reasons for that

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Smart people, although most of them leaves the company in ~1.5 years from their arrival.
    2. Be part of big projects.
    3. The compensation is ok.

Cons

1. Bad management.
    2. On-call rotation in most places.
    3. Parking isn't free for employees.
    4. Very hard to get promoted.
    5. Noisy work environment.
    6. Very low retention rates.
    7. Poor work-life balance (I remember more than one month that I've worked more than 13 hours a day and on weekends for the entire month).
    8. The company isn't enthusiast about applying it employees for a green-card.

Start taking care of your employees.

Have never worked so hard for so little

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

Steady work if they give it to you, opportunity to advance if you are lucky enough to be recognized

Cons

Unrealistic productivity quotas, lack of breaks, monotony, treatment like cattle

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!