There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

You can make a big difference!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Although Amazon can be stressful, you can make a big impact here. Amazon is growing and as a recruiter you are at the center of the growth. You set your strategy and execute with support from the business. They have been understaffed for a while and are always very gracious when you do your job.

Jeff Bezos is a genius, and you feel lucky to work at Amazon at this stage in the company's life cycle. At first I did not notice it, but after working here for a while I realized I had become a much better recruiter.

Amazon does the right thing when it comes to candidates and the hiring process. It feels nice to know that 100% of the time they will do the right thing.

Cons

The workload is high, you need to learn to prioritize and work smart vs. hard. As with any organization that is growing there are bumps in the road.

3557 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

GOOD

Current Employee - Associate  in  Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Associate in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and benefits for all

Cons

Lots of work and engaging.

Great opportunity to stretch

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of big challenges and smart people. It is fun and interesting to work on projects at Amazon scale. Working for a company where creating the best customer experience is paramount is great. The peers are high quality and the opportunity for self improvement is high.

Cons

Long hours and no work-life balance. Heavy competition and pressure to perform. Problems are sometimes masked and usually process is layered over root causes causing more stress. It's hard to get things done and that leads to varying levels of job satisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!