Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

It is fast pacing and dynamic

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Intense work life, definitely learnt a lot of stuff. Great location, great people around. Very easy to talk to senior engineer

Cons

bad work life balance. Some teams has very bad on call policy, might need to go to office at 3:00 am.

4192 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

For people who enjoy working hard and seeing results

Former Employee - Pathways Operations
    Former Employee - Pathways Operations

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience as an MBA intern in one of their FCs. I was given ownership, autonomy, encouraged to challenge things, and make changes. I was also provided encouragement and validation when my work was successful.I saw Sr. Leadership value the associates and encourage me to listen to them and help make their jobs easier. Amazon is a very successful company and pays well (including stock). I would encourage people to read the core leadership principles and if they align, it's a career worth pursuing. People that are strong leaders, direct, results driven and enjoy the thrill of challenges every day will thrive here. All the managers I came into contact with were down to earth and cool to be around.

If you perform, you will move up. There is no limit to the possibilities. If you want to go to Seattle, there will be chances to do so. The MBA hires can become General Managers in as little as 5 years. No other company gives you as much growth, leadership and stock compensation as Amazon.

Cons

It's physically demanding, as you are on your feet most of the day. The FCs run 7 days a week, so it's likely you will work either Saturday or Sunday.

A First-Hand Experience in One of the Biggest Online Retailers

Former Employee - Associate in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Amazon.com as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Experience to see the inner-workings of Amazon.com distribution centers.

Cons

Organization within the distribution departments were poor, and could have been much better managed.

Prepare for the mandatory overtime during the holiday season!

There needs to be better communication between your staffed workers and your own Amazon.com employees. Standards between the two groups were different, and communication issues led to some staffers being fired for not meeting Amazon.com standards, although they were meeting the staffing company's standards.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com