There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

It is fast pacing and dynamic

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Intense work life, definitely learnt a lot of stuff. Great location, great people around. Very easy to talk to senior engineer

Cons

bad work life balance. Some teams has very bad on call policy, might need to go to office at 3:00 am.

3485 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

For people who enjoy working hard and seeing results

Former Employee - Pathways Operations
    Former Employee - Pathways Operations

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I had a great experience as an MBA intern in one of their FCs. I was given ownership, autonomy, encouraged to challenge things, and make changes. I was also provided encouragement and validation when my work was successful.I saw Sr. Leadership value the associates and encourage me to listen to them and help make their jobs easier. Amazon is a very successful company and pays well (including stock). I would encourage people to read the core leadership principles and if they align, it's a career worth pursuing. People that are strong leaders, direct, results driven and enjoy the thrill of challenges every day will thrive here. All the managers I came into contact with were down to earth and cool to be around.

If you perform, you will move up. There is no limit to the possibilities. If you want to go to Seattle, there will be chances to do so. The MBA hires can become General Managers in as little as 5 years. No other company gives you as much growth, leadership and stock compensation as Amazon.

Cons

It's physically demanding, as you are on your feet most of the day. The FCs run 7 days a week, so it's likely you will work either Saturday or Sunday.

amazon is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Picker  in  Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Picker in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

get to pick peoples orders on what they buy.

Cons

when manitory it should be only half day not full day.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!