Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,799 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

It starts out with hope for a career and ends with acceptance you are just a butt in a seat

Customer Service Associate (Current Employee)
Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Proswearing pajamas to work lol really relaxed dress code. Fairly good benefits compared to other companies. High wages if and say if you can make management

ConsYou are a butt in a seat at the call centers, I have been with amazon 3 years and am an older worker with lots of experience, they only promote the "kids" that buy the party line and do not question anything even though in theory the say that leaders are often misunderstood and it is good to stand up for your opinion.. so not true it only gets you blacklisted.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop just trying to make numbers and care about your employees the way we are taught to care about our customers. I found out that after 3 years of service being non-mangement not even a 2 week notice was required for security reasons.. for all that I have contributed and 7 letters to Jeff B accommodating my service, not only did I not get promoted but I am left feeling worthless .. Take a moment and reflect are you just doing lip service when you sit with your employees doing one on one meeting to give a pep talk so they have artificial hope and go back and produce more.. or do you genuinely care about their lives and working condition and not just your own climbing of the corporate ladder ?

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.