There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Fast, Smart, Data-Driven. Awesome environment for hard drivers

Former Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

People - all smart, focused and data driven.
Mission - shared vision, play for the long term, make big bets, make choices, own them
Values - Creates incredible workforce with broad reaching influence

In general, this is one of the few companies with the will and footprint capable of disrupting most industries it chooses. The ruthless focus on the end consumer allows for clear thinking and brutal feature cuts.

Cons

Expect to be on your email from 9-Midnight - while not a 'requirement', the turn around time on expected questions from mgmt is consistent with all-the-time access.

Willing to burn bridges with nearly any industry or partner in the name of better customer. This may not be a 'con' per se, but if you're in the partnership side of the business, know your personal brand may be affected.

Don't change a thing. I'm still a shareholder and will continue to be one.

3564 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

amazon is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Picker  in  Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Picker in Allentown, PA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

get to pick peoples orders on what they buy.

Cons

when manitory it should be only half day not full day.

For people who enjoy working hard and seeing results

Former Employee - Pathways Operations
    Former Employee - Pathways Operations

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I had a great experience as an MBA intern in one of their FCs. I was given ownership, autonomy, encouraged to challenge things, and make changes. I was also provided encouragement and validation when my work was successful.I saw Sr. Leadership value the associates and encourage me to listen to them and help make their jobs easier. Amazon is a very successful company and pays well (including stock). I would encourage people to read the core leadership principles and if they align, it's a career worth pursuing. People that are strong leaders, direct, results driven and enjoy the thrill of challenges every day will thrive here. All the managers I came into contact with were down to earth and cool to be around.

If you perform, you will move up. There is no limit to the possibilities. If you want to go to Seattle, there will be chances to do so. The MBA hires can become General Managers in as little as 5 years. No other company gives you as much growth, leadership and stock compensation as Amazon.

Cons

It's physically demanding, as you are on your feet most of the day. The FCs run 7 days a week, so it's likely you will work either Saturday or Sunday.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!