Amazon.com

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Do not work here.

Former Employee - Senior Software Dev Engineer in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Senior Software Dev Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Industry-leading scale. Amazon builds and operates some of the largest computing systems in the world.

Cons

Comparatively low pay, long hours, and little respect for the engineers who make the business run. Amazon views engineers as fungible and consumable.

3938 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Shop with them but don't like working for Amazon

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Big company with opportunity for growth and advancement. The team I was in was probably one of the worst company wide. My young uneducated manager kid from Texas was not familiar or interested in cultivating and empowering his staff, Being more concerned with his own performance stats,he preferred scare tactics and scare tactics to make you do your job. I didn't like it.... But you might!

Cons

Skill and work quality is all based on statistics, Jeff Bezos must have read a book on how Walmart's employee productivity systems work and put his hardcore Nazi twist on things. He installed cameras to watch you. computerized access, productivity and security. Then topped it off with unrealistic goals and substandard heating and air conditioning. An exciting pressure cooker of an environment if your one of those who "works well under pressure"! Never have I seen so many miserable and downtrodden employees in one place in my life. But if thats what your into.....could be a great fit for you!

Stop being so bottom line results on the numbers and profit. Go back to school if you never attended and Learn about creating good work environments that cultivate empowered employees, high morale and business integrity. many of the not educated will think I am speaking french. Amazon obviously needs tuition reimbursements!! But then again if your one of those that is better off stupid....... You might enjoy it.

Okay place for learn about AR and Accounting

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The paychecks from the contracting firm never bounced.

Cons

Too many rude selfish full time employees that could be abusive to contract employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com