There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Based on my internship, loved my team, my project and the company vibe. Returning in the summer full time.

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Freedom to do things your own way; whether its the project at hand, your attire, when you come into work, you name it. Pretty flat hierarchy from what I can tell, but I was only there for three months and I have no idea if there is any bureaucracy higher up; I was able to attend and even contribute to a number of decisive meetings with the team.

Cons

Little bit stingy; lets just say that you don't get pampered like those at Google.
I've heard sentiments of programmers feeling like resources as opposed to assets.

reviews filtered by

You'll meet smart people and learn a lot; just don't expect to work with the best of humanity

Former Employee - Manager, Software Engineering in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Manager, Software Engineering in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Fast paced, lots to do.
    - Top of the line tech, hone your design and implementation skills.

Cons

- Stack ranking review process. Every year, low 10% given the axe or asked to leave.
    - Management doesn't know what to prioritize; competing pulls from busiess. Leads to occasional failure to deliver and politicking to avoid blame (if you are not politically savvy, you'll be the one to fall).
    - Engineers are treated with less respect than they are at Google or MS; slave driving managers are rewarded and managers seeking sustainable goals are punished for not being aggressive enough.
    - Brutal oncall.

Don't be evil.

Walk all day for little pay

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

4 day work week, nice break areas, rf scanners are nice, building is new and not very dusty.

Cons

Production rates, unorganized picking areas, associates sent to both sides of the building
    and yet still expected to make production.

Let associates transfer even if they have a written up. I was trapped in picking and terminated because my transfer to pack was denied.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com