Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Lesson Learned

Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) Coppell, TX

Prosif you are halfway intelligent and in decent physical condition, you can get a seasonal job. it was a great learning experience being a part of a company that serves so many individuals.

ConsPerformance is rated by output, so if you are doing a consistent, accurate job but aren't keeping your hourly rate up, your days are numbered. Ten-hour shifts take a physical toll, especially when you are working 60-hour weeks in peak time, which is mandatory overtime. I have never worked so hard for so little money.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be helpful if training could focus more on the different processes in the center and the specifics of each job. We were often placed at a station with no training and high expectations to produce.

Can be good if you are friends with the area manangers

Stower (Current Employee) Whitestown, IN

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good pay and benefits. Various cultures of employees, cross training… Cons: Long hours, kept on a tight rate you have to accomplish by the end… Advice to Senior Management: Make more opportunities for every person not just the employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

internship

I have been working at Amazon.com as an intern

Pros: good opportunity and they provide a lot of chances Cons: They need strong techniques and strong background More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!