Amazon.com

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Work hard

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* Lots of freedom
* Lots of ability to influence the business
* Only bounds on what you do are you
* Nobody says "no"; the ethos is "just do it"
* Exposure to lots of interesting problems
* Builder culture
* Good practice for creating your own company

Cons

* Flat structure means that there's not a ton of specialization
* Not a lot of structure on many teams; need to deal with and thrive on ambiguity

Keep doing what you're doing

3866 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Love the job, dislike the politics-but thats life

Current Employee - Associate in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Amazon.com part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working here. People on the night shift are awesome, hours kind of are a drag but the pay, benefits and bonus helps level that out. I am thankful for my place in Amazon but would love to be able to do more for Amazon than allowed. To be honest, in some positions the pay far exceeds the job requirements and that has a benefit most jobs can not provide. Love that!

Cons

Communication is off with management and HR.
    Certain night A.M. doesnt take time to help with certain cituations, heard lots of complaints on him already.
    Part time Amazonians are eligable for VERY few job opportunities and Full time associates are few and far between.
    Would love to be able to try differant positions or areas of the place but the word "random" is a definition I dont believe they have down yet.
    Some P.A's are fraturnizing with the associates instead of doing their job. Can be distracting and leads to poor moral.

Step up the communication!!!!
    Allow part time Amazonian associates to be involved with the company as much as full time (job opportunities in transfers).
    Get better scanners and have yourselves step into "associate role for the day" to see how it is. These scanners are slow and ridiculously annoying. Cant make rate if equipment is faulty. maybe more wireless accociation for scanners, seems that it takes time to load to server for next package to get scanned.
    Have someone JUST specified to fix pallets all shift. NOT water spider, but pallet fixer. This would cut down on our time that we have to stop scanning.
    WE HAVE A VOICE TOO AND WOULD LOVE TO EXPAND OUR ABILITIES IN AMAZON AS WELL!

Busy.. but exciting work

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get to learn a lot about Amazon, its scale. Culture is great. hectic but exciting nontheless. I love the empowerment and just do it attitude. Little bureaucracy that I have to deal with and certainly a lot less process and other non value added work

Cons

Not a whole lot of time is given to ramp up.. you've just got to pickup and move. Average retention is concerning

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com