There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

abusive

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- they are doing good, cutting edge work in technology

Cons

- no work-life balance
- long hours and oncall duties
- aggressive work culture, people are at each others' throats all the time
- sloppy middle management
- increasing bureaucracy due to massive growth

reviews filtered by

Horrible Place

Current Employee - Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance is pretty good and the pay is decent but not really if you compare it to other places

Cons

Low pay the management is horrible they never know what hand is doing what they make the rules up as they go. They cant stand the thought of you talking about a union they work you like a dog and no fun so I am not sure were there motto plays a role cause I have yet to have fun there. I along feel like a slave or prisoner being watched all the time having to go through two sets of security is crazy. They treat employees like crap they think of them as a number not a human. So if you don't make the number then they don't want you. I just wish that the customers would see how they treat their people and they wouldn't support them either. Just another reason why corporate America stinks because these big companies want to kill there employees. The 5 min breaks are nice as well but keep in mind they are suppose to be 15 min and lunch 30 but you know its company policy to cut that short don't matter what the federal law says when your amazon. Oh yeah and they don't that if it comes a snow storm they want you risk your life to come to work and no matter what unless that is you are on dayshift then you can close for the day and not count against you. Kind of strange how that works. So if you want to work your life away with no time with family this is great place but I don't I love my family and they are more important to me then Amazon and if you want to move up then you better know somebody or be ready to bend over and take cause that your only way to the top. I cant wait to be out of there and find a career that has values and morals that I stand for and to work at a place where you matter your not a number or a dollar sign.

Quit worrying about flying a drone or whatever and focus on the people that make your company which is the people that come in everyday and give up their life and try to keep their heads above water while you all drive around in your 100,000 dollar vehicles and live in your million dollar homes and don't care about the people. Its time you either stand behind your motto or step out of the way a let a real company that cares about its people take over somebody like Costco, Sams club,Overstock.com a these are all true companies. To Jeff bezzo quit trying to get to space and invest that money into your workers families and support them.

The worst working experience I've had working for a company in a very long time.

Current Employee - Technical Operations Support Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Operations Support Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Here are the positives...
    <this space intentionally left blank>

Cons

Job description is played down, it's not what they said it was going to be.
    Salary calculations from offer letter to no match actual month to month compensation.
    Schedule is random and always rotates, "core hours" is played up but you never know when "oncall" will be.
    "Oncall" is 8 hour shift IN THE OFFICE.
    Because of growth tools and process are often broken and the driving engineer and team take the hit.

Clean house from the mid-level down, spend a lot more time on process and verifying process works. Rework the entire hiring process to ensure you are not only protecting yourself but being fair to your canidates.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com