Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Manager are worst people in this company

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Not that I could find out as compared to any other tech giant I have worked for. Every company has techies, so does this company have. Perks are not that great

Cons

The piece of information that recruiters don't share is that Amazon also has stack ranking. Also, the performance improvement program is just a show-off which managers use to save some group of people in their team. On the name of frugality, management saves every penny on the earth. Not good in benefits. Increasing cost of insurance. I will never recommend anyone work for Amazon ever.

Clear your thought and treat employees as assets rather than labor.

Other reviews for Amazon.com

Horrible Place

Current Employee - Associate  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Pros

Health insurance is pretty good and the pay is decent but not really if you compare it to other places

Cons

Low pay the management is horrible they never know what hand is doing what they make the rules up as they go. They cant stand the thought of you talking about a union they work you like a dog and no fun so I am not sure were there motto plays a role cause I have yet to have fun there. I along feel like a slave or prisoner being watched all the time having to go through two sets of security is crazy. They treat employees like crap they think of them as a number not a human. So if you don't make the number then they don't want you. I just wish that the customers would see how they treat their people and they wouldn't support them either. Just another reason why corporate America stinks because these big companies want to kill there employees. The 5 min breaks are nice as well but keep in mind they are suppose to be 15 min and lunch 30 but you know its company policy to cut that short don't matter what the federal law says when your amazon. Oh yeah and they don't that if it comes a snow storm they want you risk your life to come to work and no matter what unless that is you are on dayshift then you can close for the day and not count against you. Kind of strange how that works. So if you want to work your life away with no time with family this is great place but I don't I love my family and they are more important to me then Amazon and if you want to move up then you better know somebody or be ready to bend over and take cause that your only way to the top. I cant wait to be out of there and find a career that has values and morals that I stand for and to work at a place where you matter your not a number or a dollar sign.

Quit worrying about flying a drone or whatever and focus on the people that make your company which is the people that come in everyday and give up their life and try to keep their heads above water while you all drive around in your 100,000 dollar vehicles and live in your million dollar homes and don't care about the people. Its time you either stand behind your motto or step out of the way a let a real company that cares about its people take over somebody like Costco, Sams club,Overstock.com a these are all true companies. To Jeff bezzo quit trying to get to space and invest that money into your workers families and support them.

The worst working experience I've had working for a company in a very long time.

Current Employee - Technical Operations Support Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Operations Support Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Here are the positives...
    <this space intentionally left blank>

Cons

Job description is played down, it's not what they said it was going to be.
    Salary calculations from offer letter to no match actual month to month compensation.
    Schedule is random and always rotates, "core hours" is played up but you never know when "oncall" will be.
    "Oncall" is 8 hour shift IN THE OFFICE.
    Because of growth tools and process are often broken and the driving engineer and team take the hit.

Clean house from the mid-level down, spend a lot more time on process and verifying process works. Rework the entire hiring process to ensure you are not only protecting yourself but being fair to your canidates.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!