There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Manager are worst people in this company

Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Not that I could find out as compared to any other tech giant I have worked for. Every company has techies, so does this company have. Perks are not that great

Cons

The piece of information that recruiters don't share is that Amazon also has stack ranking. Also, the performance improvement program is just a show-off which managers use to save some group of people in their team. On the name of frugality, management saves every penny on the earth. Not good in benefits. Increasing cost of insurance. I will never recommend anyone work for Amazon ever.

Clear your thought and treat employees as assets rather than labor.

3658 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Shop with them but don't like working for Amazon

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Big company with opportunity for growth and advancement. The team I was in was probably one of the worst company wide. My young uneducated manager kid from Texas was not familiar or interested in cultivating and empowering his staff, Being more concerned with his own performance stats,he preferred scare tactics and scare tactics to make you do your job. I didn't like it.... But you might!

Cons

Skill and work quality is all based on statistics, Jeff Bezos must have read a book on how Walmart's employee productivity systems work and put his hardcore Nazi twist on things. He installed cameras to watch you. computerized access, productivity and security. Then topped it off with unrealistic goals and substandard heating and air conditioning. An exciting pressure cooker of an environment if your one of those who "works well under pressure"! Never have I seen so many miserable and downtrodden employees in one place in my life. But if thats what your into.....could be a great fit for you!

Stop being so bottom line results on the numbers and profit. Go back to school if you never attended and Learn about creating good work environments that cultivate empowered employees, high morale and business integrity. many of the not educated will think I am speaking french. Amazon obviously needs tuition reimbursements!! But then again if your one of those that is better off stupid....... You might enjoy it.

Smart engineers, Dilbert-like management

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

* Some of the smartest people I've ever worked with.
    * Decent medical/dental benefits.
    * Stock grants (instead of options)

Cons

* Career growth is exceptionally difficult, and not based on merit.
    * UX:Engineering ratio is abysmal.
    * Managers sometimes play favorites, with HR in their pocket.
    * Happy to ship products with shitty quality.

Web Developers are different from Software Engineers, so stop treating them the same. Stop telling Java engineers to write front-end code. Count how many WDE 3s there are, add two zeros to the back of that number, and hire that many of them.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com