There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Horrible Place

Current Employee - Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
Current Employee - Associate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Health insurance is pretty good and the pay is decent but not really if you compare it to other places

Cons

Low pay the management is horrible they never know what hand is doing what they make the rules up as they go. They cant stand the thought of you talking about a union they work you like a dog and no fun so I am not sure were there motto plays a role cause I have yet to have fun there. I along feel like a slave or prisoner being watched all the time having to go through two sets of security is crazy. They treat employees like crap they think of them as a number not a human. So if you don't make the number then they don't want you. I just wish that the customers would see how they treat their people and they wouldn't support them either. Just another reason why corporate America stinks because these big companies want to kill there employees. The 5 min breaks are nice as well but keep in mind they are suppose to be 15 min and lunch 30 but you know its company policy to cut that short don't matter what the federal law says when your amazon. Oh yeah and they don't that if it comes a snow storm they want you risk your life to come to work and no matter what unless that is you are on dayshift then you can close for the day and not count against you. Kind of strange how that works. So if you want to work your life away with no time with family this is great place but I don't I love my family and they are more important to me then Amazon and if you want to move up then you better know somebody or be ready to bend over and take cause that your only way to the top. I cant wait to be out of there and find a career that has values and morals that I stand for and to work at a place where you matter your not a number or a dollar sign.

Quit worrying about flying a drone or whatever and focus on the people that make your company which is the people that come in everyday and give up their life and try to keep their heads above water while you all drive around in your 100,000 dollar vehicles and live in your million dollar homes and don't care about the people. Its time you either stand behind your motto or step out of the way a let a real company that cares about its people take over somebody like Costco, Sams club,Overstock.com a these are all true companies. To Jeff bezzo quit trying to get to space and invest that money into your workers families and support them.

3697 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Bad work environment

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At a given point, there are many good engineers there to learn from. They typically leave within a year, but at least they're usually replaced by other good engineers.

Cons

The rest. Work/life balance, perks, management, office environment, operational load, etc., are all very bad. The office is crowded, loud, and I'm interrupted for status updates almost continuously. The operational load is unbearable on some teams that were unfortunate enough to inherit years of technical debt incurred by former engineers.

Learn from what people are saying in their exit interviews - you have a lot of data points from those.

Decent wage, boring work.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Murfreesboro, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Murfreesboro, TN

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some opportunities to move up.

Cons

The work can get monotonous.

Better communication