Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

never boring, often stressful

ProsThe company culture is based on objectivity, responsibility, and precision. This means there is little to no "politics" or egos to stroke. Great for people who like to work fast and hard and not waste time. No classism or age-ism like you sometimes see in young hot tech companies.

ConsFrugal company culture means perks are minimal, tools can be subpar, managers can be spread extremely thin and work environment can be unnecessarily challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsidering the hurdles to getting hired here, there should be more of a focus on retention and promotion of internal talent.

Big impact work, great team, no work life balance

Technical Program Manager III (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Smart, highly motivated team, initiatives that have direct customer impact, high visibility in… Cons: Very aggressive goals, no work life balance. Boss works harder than me because boss has more agressive goals. Company expects to work hard, work smart… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

eHHHH

Programmer/Analyst II (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: Cool employees and nice location. Cons: People higher up the chain are a bit pretentious. Advice to Senior Management: Treat all workers equally plz. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!