There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Soul Sucking Poor Management

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

The potential upside of the stock payout in 4 years. Lots of really enthusiastic people (well initially anyway)

Cons

Soul crushing work hours. Expected to be available 24/7. Some of the poorest management skills I have seen. Benefits for medical are average and the 401(k) is a joke. You don't vest for 3 years on the company match. Just another handcuff. The Anytime Feedback tool is a passive aggressive way of feedback for any employee to spew frustrations without any justification whatsoever. Oh, and you can spend your lifetime writing white papers that often go nowhere. How archaic in the only way to present or discuss an idea. I don't know how many trees are killed to print on paper (heaven forbid a soft copy) and then to sit all together in a room to read and discuss. Time killing and brain numbing exercise.

Think of ways to be more innovative. Dump those terrible managers. This is not a place to tolerate such poor behavior. be more flexible and provide better work environments.

3507 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

A nice experience

Former Employee - Picker  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Picker in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

They work with your school schedule if you are a student, summer activities with family members, and it is a very nice/friendly environment to be in. Oh and the pay is wonderful, as well as the benefits (health insurance etc.).

Cons

Long hours, and work can be hard on your body at times.

A lot of work, but satisfying for those who enjoy it.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great cardio workout if you're on the floor. people have been fun and enjoyable for the most part. If you get a blue badge the opportunities are seemingly endless.

Cons

Hours during peak season can be a bit much, I hardly saw my family over the holiday season last year. I've heard a lot of things that are said will happen to better the working experience but are nowhere in sight.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!