Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Good atmosphere in my office

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer I in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Elastic working hours, you can come early and leave early, even as an intern. Besides, you can bring your dog to the office. Teammates are very helpful and responsive.

Cons

Compared to other powerful IT company, Amazon insists frugality, so no much free food or drink, but I don't really care. What I care more is the laptop we got, it's a kind of old ThinkPad or Dell, you have to apply if you want to use a macbook pro (not retina!).

My manager is very nice, so far so good!

3860 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

it was a fun atmosphere and they like to teach you as much as possible so they can throw you in every department.

Former Employee - FC Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - FC Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

co workers tend to be pretty decent people. well organized company, good for people who like to work hard or who are competitive and the benifits and time off are pretty good. its great to get to learn the ins and outs of any department you want and decent possibility of moving up.

Cons

pay kinda sucks, they say there is an open door policy but most people feel like they are heard not listened to. if your not good at picking up things fast expect not to last or to want to last. and if your not in semi decent shape i can see how the goals might be stressful. but to fit hard working people job is cake.

learn to listen.

It was great!

I have been working at Amazon.com as an intern

Pros

it is challenging but very rewarding and can learn a lot with many smart people. The culture is great!

Cons

The priority of time. It might be sometimes that you would have several tasks at the same time. It would be good if you can have good time management and priority.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com