There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Work Hard , Have Fun .. forget your family!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test II  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Great people to work with! Technology is cutting edge!

Cons

Fire drills Fire drills fire drills, every day. If you like that then you will love it here!

Time for personal life is important to perform! Spend some money on your assets!

3503 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Great short term seasonal work position

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker  in  Goodyear, AZ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Goodyear, AZ

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

I worked with Adecco seasonal and short term staffing agency. Amazon.com paid $11 per hour, which was great. Everyone was cool. The management was excellent. The safety policies were amazing. There is no way you should get hurt there, because it is very well organized. They have suggestion boards, awards they give out, good security etc. Also had good conflict resolution department.

Cons

Just a few corporate policies that irked me. 15 minute breaks. To me that is too short. I would have to choose between eating a snack or going to the bathroom or getting water etc. Personally I am not used to being treated like a kid. If I need 2 or 5 minutes extra on a break I want to take that. I hated the 15 minute breaks. Often clocks didn't work, soap dispensers in bathroom didn't always work. Need to fix and or add some microwaves.

Get more floor mats for people who are doing the boxing/ranpacking etc. Have a supervisor come by the ranpacking line and do a few minutes of coaching everyday. Giving a few little tips and building team work. Teach people how to introduce themselves and do some tiny team building exercises. It sucks working with people you don't know. Especially if they are grumpy or stand offish. Get more sizzors, get more tape guns and make sure all the sharp edges on the equipment is covered up. Fix the water coolers please.

Fast paced with lots to learn

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

- Everyday there is a new challenge, keeps you busy
    - Good overall compensation

Cons

- Lot of stress and low work/life balance
    - Appreciation and recognition from management is limited.

- Provide career path to all employees and more candid reviews for development

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!