There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Great Job, Not For Everyone

Current Employee - Area Manager in Fernley, NV
Current Employee - Area Manager in Fernley, NV

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Company is fast paced and very dynamic. You are afforded the ability to work with some very intelligent people and some very hard working people. The opportunity for growth is huge as the company is constantly growing.

Cons

You are at the mercy of the customer/business needs. This is only a con if you are not willing to buy into the company and share a common goal. There is a high probability of working nights and weekends.

So far I am very satisfied with my managers. I have heard of less competent managers, but I have had no business interaction with them.

3654 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Dystopian Machine

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

You can say that you worked at Amazon. The cafeterias are fantastic. Great location. Beautiful offices. They present the illusion of the perfect work place.

Cons

- To be a true "amazonian" you must drink the Kool-Aid if you want to survive.
    - Zero work life balance. When they hand you a badge, you hand them your soul.
    - Passive aggressive work environment with incompetent managers
    - Ridiculous expectations set, changed, and reset on a weekly basis.
    - The leadership principles are a joke
    - Churn and Burn employees
    - No women in upper management

Listen to your employees. Many of them have great ideas that could make things happen there. Treat them with respect. Adding staff doesn't solve the root problems. While the company is extremely customer centric, you may want to consider the employees and become more employee centric. Your attrition rate is directly related to how you treat your employees.

Bar keeps getting raised - Very Political

Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Challenging environment, which is changing from an enterprise level Biz dev environment into full on call center

Cons

Very political, where you feel like a cog in a machine. The management seems to think that tenured employees are very replaceable. Lots of political nonsense which creates a general lack of morale.

Stop the attrition, focus on development of your employees. We're not replaceable and the overall work environment is getting steadily worse with each employee that leaves.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com