There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Great Job, Not For Everyone

Current Employee - Area Manager  in  Fernley, NV
Current Employee - Area Manager in Fernley, NV

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Company is fast paced and very dynamic. You are afforded the ability to work with some very intelligent people and some very hard working people. The opportunity for growth is huge as the company is constantly growing.

Cons

You are at the mercy of the customer/business needs. This is only a con if you are not willing to buy into the company and share a common goal. There is a high probability of working nights and weekends.

So far I am very satisfied with my managers. I have heard of less competent managers, but I have had no business interaction with them.

3557 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Bar keeps getting raised - Very Political

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Challenging environment, which is changing from an enterprise level Biz dev environment into full on call center

Cons

Very political, where you feel like a cog in a machine. The management seems to think that tenured employees are very replaceable. Lots of political nonsense which creates a general lack of morale.

Stop the attrition, focus on development of your employees. We're not replaceable and the overall work environment is getting steadily worse with each employee that leaves.

Great place to work...if you can handle it and have the right personality

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

If you fit the culture, then there's no better place to be working in retail or IT

Cons

If you don't fit the culture, or desire a work/life balance, then this isn't the place for you

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!