There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Very smart people, decentralized and flat organization structure. Like a startup company with teams building out their own features like a small company.

Very customer centric

Cons

long hours, minimal yearly salary increases, no cash bonus. Software Development engineers are required to be oncall which is touch for families

Offer better salary increases in yearly review. Minimize oncall with support team to be build as a standalone team for 24 hour support

3498 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Great Job, Not For Everyone

Current Employee - Area Manager  in  Fernley, NV
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Fernley, NV

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Company is fast paced and very dynamic. You are afforded the ability to work with some very intelligent people and some very hard working people. The opportunity for growth is huge as the company is constantly growing.

Cons

You are at the mercy of the customer/business needs. This is only a con if you are not willing to buy into the company and share a common goal. There is a high probability of working nights and weekends.

So far I am very satisfied with my managers. I have heard of less competent managers, but I have had no business interaction with them.

Dystopian Machine

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

You can say that you worked at Amazon. The cafeterias are fantastic. Great location. Beautiful offices. They present the illusion of the perfect work place.

Cons

- To be a true "amazonian" you must drink the Kool-Aid if you want to survive.
    - Zero work life balance. When they hand you a badge, you hand them your soul.
    - Passive aggressive work environment with incompetent managers
    - Ridiculous expectations set, changed, and reset on a weekly basis.
    - The leadership principles are a joke
    - Churn and Burn employees
    - No women in upper management

Listen to your employees. Many of them have great ideas that could make things happen there. Treat them with respect. Adding staff doesn't solve the root problems. While the company is extremely customer centric, you may want to consider the employees and become more employee centric. Your attrition rate is directly related to how you treat your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!