There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Very smart people, decentralized and flat organization structure. Like a startup company with teams building out their own features like a small company.

Very customer centric

Cons

long hours, minimal yearly salary increases, no cash bonus. Software Development engineers are required to be oncall which is touch for families

Advice to Management

Offer better salary increases in yearly review. Minimize oncall with support team to be build as a standalone team for 24 hour support

reviews filtered by

Great Job, Not For Everyone

Current Employee - Area Manager in Fernley, NV
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Fernley, NV

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Company is fast paced and very dynamic. You are afforded the ability to work with some very intelligent people and some very hard working people. The opportunity for growth is huge as the company is constantly growing.

Cons

You are at the mercy of the customer/business needs. This is only a con if you are not willing to buy into the company and share a common goal. There is a high probability of working nights and weekends.

Advice to Management

So far I am very satisfied with my managers. I have heard of less competent managers, but I have had no business interaction with them.

Bar keeps getting raised - Very Political

Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Challenging environment, which is changing from an enterprise level Biz dev environment into full on call center

Cons

Very political, where you feel like a cog in a machine. The management seems to think that tenured employees are very replaceable. Lots of political nonsense which creates a general lack of morale.

Advice to Management

Stop the attrition, focus on development of your employees. We're not replaceable and the overall work environment is getting steadily worse with each employee that leaves.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com