Amazon.com

Eye-opening and relaxed.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Dogs are allowed to come to the office! Very relaxed atmosphere is encouraged. Creativity and teamwork are two great focuses.

Cons

It's only my third day so I really can't gage any cons yet. However, I have already seen a lot of office politics that I'd rather not be a party to.

3960 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Very smart people, decentralized and flat organization structure. Like a startup company with teams building out their own features like a small company.

Very customer centric

Cons

long hours, minimal yearly salary increases, no cash bonus. Software Development engineers are required to be oncall which is touch for families

Offer better salary increases in yearly review. Minimize oncall with support team to be build as a standalone team for 24 hour support

Great Job, Not For Everyone

Current Employee - Area Manager in Fernley, NV
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Fernley, NV

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Company is fast paced and very dynamic. You are afforded the ability to work with some very intelligent people and some very hard working people. The opportunity for growth is huge as the company is constantly growing.

Cons

You are at the mercy of the customer/business needs. This is only a con if you are not willing to buy into the company and share a common goal. There is a high probability of working nights and weekends.

So far I am very satisfied with my managers. I have heard of less competent managers, but I have had no business interaction with them.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com