Ambition

www.ambition.com.au
There are newer employer reviews for Ambition

I've enjoyed every minute of the past five years and still feel as passionate and challenged as the day I joined.

Current Employee - Managing Director - Ambition, Technology in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Ambition

Pros

Flat structure with honest and open communication.
Market leading remuneration and benefits packages.
Inclusive, family feel business.
ASX listed with strong results in the Technology buinsess.
Great Learning and development program.

Cons

Communication can sometimes slip between different business units or is inconsistent.
Specialised businesses could cross sell more effectively to leverage success.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Ambition (View Most Recent)

Great company, great experience, warm desks. You can make a lot of money here and the environment is good.

Former Employee - Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Ambition full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I used to work at Ambition and am now a service provider to the firm. Always a pleasure to deal with:

- Transparent commission scheme
    - Developed business (more than 10 years in Hong Kong)
    - Systems are very good and fluid
    - No egos, not political, people get on with it and are there to make money
    - Offices are nice
    - People are ethical. Ambition is not a 'boiler room' recruitment company, like so many others
    - Leadership is strong
    - You will be rewarded with loyalty and hard work by being promoted. It isn't about who is friends with the MD

Cons

- Teams could be incentivised to cross sell a bit more so that there will be financial benefits to picking up business for other teams and taking them on client meetings
    - Perhaps a candidate / client split system could be considered

Keep doing what you're doing and remember what makes Ambition great.

Best job I have ever had

I worked at Ambition

Pros

Ambition has a dynamic, fun yet professional environment and above all, really supportive. I have never felt so supported in any previous role and I really fine tuned my sales skills here. Also the earning potential is huge. I remember I had my first $50k + month and I had never earned so much in my life. It really was a breath of fresh air and reward for my hard work. You are also recognised for your efforts over revenue - if it takes you that bit longer to bill it doesn't matter as management recognise your dedication and efforts. Great management and incentives!

Cons

Tended to be micro managed when months were bad and this can get a bit irritating if you know what you're doing. KPIs put in place at times sometimes out of the blue.

There are newer employer reviews for Ambition