Horryfing Expereince at Zurich Tobacco Group

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

I have been working at Amcor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, Bonus, City, Zurich, Europe

Cons

Tough to start writing cons but I will start with management. There is a saying that people are just numbers, well this is where you see it from day one. The company is run by 2-3 people and the rest are just protecting their positions. The company has the worst management style which is very similar to a communism theory. People get promoted solely on time and not impact to the business or business talent. They rely on vast number of expats from less developed nations which will obey and not ask questions. Next is working hours expectations, I was told on day one that at the beginning (1st year, I should expect to work 14-16 hr days). The worst part that it was not out of workload but just my Director wanted to show that our department works the hardest. The company needs to wake up and realize that human capital drives a business! Next is disregard for family, I hope you understand that before you relocate your family, you get ready for forgetting your family. I will stop here but I can honestly say to avoid this company and it's rotten organizational culture.

Advice to Management

My advice is to focus on human capital and improving employee environment. Nobody is happy at this organization except for people that make large salaries. Money isn't everything and please give people a chance to succeed.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Amcor's Core Values ???

I worked at Amcor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I can't see a compelling reason

Cons

These Values exist in brochures and on the website. They don't exist in real life

Advice to Management

Make your Core Values, especially integrity (!), a reality

Some good, some bad - but the company may be too big for its own good

I worked at Amcor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

IF you're in the right part of the company, the salaries are good and there's room for advancement and international travel. I enjoyed the opportunity to work with people from various countries. Some groups have great vision of making the company a better place and some people were really great to work with.

Cons

The sheer size of the company made it difficult to truly implement anything new. New systems were notoriously always only partially rolled out . . . bit by bit . . . which made them difficult to use. It's a catch-22 with so many thousands of employees. The company is really several different companies that are all owned by the same group. There's not as much coordination between different parts of the business as it would seem. Some of the HR groups were good, some were horrible.

Advice to Management

Decide if you want to be one company or one managerial firm managing many companies. The area in-between is difficult to manage and confusing for employees.