Amdocs

www.amdocs.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Amdocs

Their checks clear; best to avoid

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Amdocs

Pros

The paychecks clear and they have been funding the bonus pool (until this year).

Cons

Little or no recognition for good work or extra effort. Benefits are regularly cut.

Give employees and shareholders more transparency into the compensation for Directors and above. Remove the class system where people in bands 1-3 have one set of "rules" and band 4 and above another.

1267 Other Employee Reviews for Amdocs (View Most Recent)

There is the way Amdocs treat their employees and the way every other company treats their employees

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Amdocs

Pros

It's a job and only a job, but I like the few remaining people since we were aquired.

Cons

The way they treat their employees. They don't seem to have a problem with telling lies to all the employees to justify the reason. (i.e. We value all you long term employees, right before they get laid off for not fitting the new business model). The business model of, you are over paid and I can hire 10 people in India based on your salary. They only care about the cost per employee, not the results.

Nothing as they see all employees like disposable diapers. Once used up, discard them and get a new batch.

Work hard and get rewarded; if your looking for a career you may be disappointed.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amdocs

Pros

Top pay and bonuses for a job well done. There used to be quit a lot of travel but this has been sharply curtailed because of the overall cost associated and because they cannot get the clients to pay for it any longer. Overall there are some directors that I would love to work for again both within amdocs and outside of amdocs; however the vast majority I would say are in it for themselves and do not respect many managers perhaps as much as they should. The work is your standard billing and integration type work which is ok but not necessarily fun. Projects can be very rewarding though most are very difficult.

Cons

Very long hours, many project mismanaged by amdocs delivery creating a "sky is falling" effect which leads to death marches and pissed off co-workers who either get blamed for something out of their control or just quit. Some may say that there is an unhealthy competition between amdocs delivery and amdocs consulting. I would say this is true but can also be made to be much worse if you are not well equipped to network with the delivery team. The culture is not best for maintaining a work life balance and you can be sharply criticized for not working late into the evenings

Practice what you preach. Amdocs proper must allow ACD to properly sell without delivery execs butting in.

There are newer employer reviews for Amdocs