Amdocs

www.amdocs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amdocs

Don't get snowed

I have been working at Amdocs

Pros

Telecom Experience is vast and you get up to speed quickly.
Co-workers are often the saving grace, but it is a cliche.
If you are in the right area interaction and exposure with other people/companies that can be good for career advancement.

Cons

There is no concept of work life balance, every so often there will be a push by management towards this, but it lasts only until the next crisis. At my location they constantly cut the work force down and add new projects onto already overworked people. I have been involved in several contracts and can state without a doubt that although they will build resources into the cost to the customer rarely are those actually fulfilled to the teams. RUN...don't walk to the next opportunity!

Learn that you get more out of your employees by showing them respect. This goes much higher than my own site manager...but to the upper level management learn that managers should be promoted/hired based on their management skills, not technical areas. Also, respect the host country that you do business in and make their compensation fair when compared to Israeli employees.

1182 Other Employee Reviews for Amdocs (View Most Recent)

Amdocs managers do not communicate to employees

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Amdocs

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits package is top notch. They have some of the industry's cutting edge products, whcih can give customers a competitive advantage in today's marketplace.

Cons

Long hours, lack of communication from direct managers, lack of direction from top managers. Many managers do not seem to care about thier direct reports and what they can do for them. Many times I feel like a glorified, overpaid administrative assistant whoes only job is to be a meeting scheduler for my manager.

Communicate, communicate, communicate...learn more about your direct reports and what they can offer.

Stay far away

Current Employee - Developer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Amdocs

Pros

Learn about the telecom industry. Gain experience working with people from many different regions and countries. Take advantage of training opportunities provided by Amdocs.

Cons

Layoffs are rampant. Amdocs business model is to squeeze every last billable hour out of their employees. North American IT employees are hired to produce the architecture and then laid off and replaced by low-cost Indian outsource contracts.

Do the right thing and give employees 60 days notice under the WARN act instead of 2 weeks. Sr. Management is proud of the fact they are not in debt and have millions of cash in the bank, yet they will not support their laid off workers in rough economic times.

There are newer employer reviews for Amdocs