Amdocs

www.amdocs.com
  www.amdocs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amdocs

A stable job with an interesting work environment

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the hardest working colleagues I've ever worked with.

A great suite of products that their clients can't live without, making the company more resilient during economic downturns.

Working in Amdocs' Consulting Division (ACD) gives you freedom to explore different roles. This is not true in the regular part of Amdocs. ACD will allow you extended unpaid leave for maternity and possibly other reasons.

Once you prove yourself, there's a lot of freedom (working from home some days, setting your own schedule, etc).

After one year of absolute hell working with a director (see below), the next two managers were among the best I've had at any company.

Very good medical insurance - colleagues had babies and only paid $75 for the entire process!

Cons

Unchecked arrogance gives a few directors and higher the "God complex" - a former director had been known to make people break down in meetings.

Questionable professionalism - same director asked certain people to work on Christmas Eve (company holiday) because they were a certain religion (not Christian) and their families wouldn't care. I'm not in HR but shouldn't this type of behavior be frowned upon?

Sadly, he may not have even known better, probably because that's how he was treated moving up the ladder. There are many managers who are technically brilliant but poor resource managers.

Like many top-heavy companies, it's almost impossible to get a promotion - you'd have better luck leaving and coming back.

On the flip side of flexible hours is no concept of work-life balance. Of course, this depends entirely on your project and manager, but as a general company philosophy, having meetings at nights and on weekends is par for the course.

Adding some diversity to the management team would help bring fresh perspectives. Respect for individuals deserves more than lip service.

1182 Other Employee Reviews for Amdocs (View Most Recent)

Fair value for stable job

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Amdocs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable for most projects,
    Benefits are Ok,
    Room for some growth

Cons

Bureaucracy,
    Prepare to fight for promotions with kiss-ups,
    Like in any big company, depends on the manager - many would take care of themselves only

Nice to work with amdocs

Current Employee - HP Unix Administrative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - HP Unix Administrative in New York, NY

I have been working at Amdocs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

we can do work with lot of enjoyment.

Cons

Nothing as much from my end

Nothing from my end, but seriously amdocs do well.

There are newer employer reviews for Amdocs