There are newer employer reviews for Amec Foster Wheeler

Great place to work for, extremely hard to move up in the company.

Current Employee - Project Geoscientist
Current Employee - Project Geoscientist

I have been working at Amec Foster Wheeler full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A good company to work for. The benefits are very good and their vacation incentives are really good. AMEC is a diverse company with many roles and positions. Within the environmental sector, there are a huge amount of diverse projects and over the last years, I have expanded my resume with many many roles....it has made me well rounded. My office gives me a lot of flexibility, I make my own hours and as long as I get my work done, which I do, my supervisor is satisfied. My personal supervisor is great as well but the office politics changes office to office.

Cons

It can be very hard to move up in the company. I was promoted a few years into my career and when it happened, I had coworkers very upset with me for taking it as they all said, "AMEC never wants to promote". There are some leaders in the company who foster growth and learning but office managers on the local level have limited budgets as corporate is always crunching down on them, and they rarely support training even though corporate preaches it. Lastly, the higher up people can be jerks. The Area lead came to our office and never went around to say hello to anyone and introduce themself, after they left, others in the office thought it was rude. They preach that it is one big happy team but the truth is that even though we do work together, there is a sense that everyone is out for themselves. Health and Safety can be lip service as well, I have personally seen project continue even after a technician level person has called the PM with concerns and the PM responds that we have to continue working as we have to finish by Friday.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Engineer

I worked at Amec Foster Wheeler full-time

Pros

Great People, Great Atmosphere, diverse portfolio of projects

Cons

No real push for training or advancement towards Professional Growth unless Awarded Contracts require cert/training/etc

2. Worked out of the Greenville, SC, Electrical Power Dept. and it was the best job experience I have ever had.

Former Contractor - Electrical Designer/Draftsman in Greenville, SC
    Former Contractor - Electrical Designer/Draftsman in Greenville, SC

I worked at Amec Foster Wheeler as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people that I worked with.

Cons

I really don't have any.