Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant
Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant

I have been working at Amedisys

Pros

Amedisys offers good pay with very good benefits. The work/life balance is good for a PTA, and I really like the fact that my agency has an autonomous office in each county, resulting in much less distance to cover than other agencies. Our ineffective director has been replaced with a highly effective one, and our area VP's stay on top of these types of problems.

Cons

The proprietary point of care documentation software is not as good as some other agencies I have worked for. The company itself is highly dependent on Medicare and our fortunes rise and fall at the whim of political changes to CMS. Mileage reimbursement rate is not keeping up with rise in gas prices. I drive a car that gets 35 to 40 mpg and I am barely breaking even, meaning cost for repairs is not being covered at all.

Increase the mileage reimbursement rate in proportion to increases in gas prices. You can always decrease it again if fuel prices go down.

Other Reviews for Amedisys

Worked here for several years in many different areas but this position sucks

Current Employee - Dirrector of Operations
    Current Employee - Dirrector of Operations

I have been working at Amedisys

Pros

Good benefits- PTO, holidays. Learn is great, but too much of it required

Cons

I was put in this role without any orientation!! The AVP was a joke, no support, only bashing when things weren't done but again, no orientation! Support from VP is non existent. No appreciation for the hard work done. Very disappointed in Amedisys for the way I have been treated in this role. I'm out of here!!

Please listen to your employees in regards to upper management. If they are all saying the same thing, get a clue.

Too Many Pharma people who have NO LEADERSHIP skills or HH experience

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Amedisys

Pros

Above board reputation
    Great patient outcomes
    Good Training
    Great clinical team

Cons

Anybody with pharma experience is hired as management without the ability to lead and/or motivate teams. Have met some who had NO IDEA what HH is about. All they brought to the table was pharma background (which was the ability to to whatever or spend whatever to get the Docs to write)

Start walking the walk....Not just talking......Building relationships, Creating market share, and positive reinforcements for your account reps. Get rid of these pharma jerks. Leadership is about teaching, supporting and working WITH your people. Not just HOW MANY TODAY? Core Values mean nothing if they are not at the care center level.

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys.

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!