Amedisys

www.amedisys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Blairsville, GA
Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Blairsville, GA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Clear expectations. Good pay. My DOO treats all staff fairly. She goes the extra mile to provide flexibility when unusual situations arise. Great working conditions. Employee needs are solicited and acted upon faster than I would expect. Unbelievable opportunities for education. The responsibility to make use of these opportunities is put on the employee where it should be. ***My opinion is that the workload is not overwhelming. Staff need to take responsibility for time management and balancing work with family responsibilities. Home health requires incredible flexibility, accountability, professionalism and dedication. It is not for everyone. If you are looking for an easy job, do not consider home health. But if you want to use your skills in the art and science of nursing, are not afraid of constant challenges and change, and seek to make a difference in peoples lives, home health may be your calling. My advice to many people who have posted reviews on this site is to resign now-try to find somewhere else to work that will make you happier. We need nurses, therapists, aides and office staff with positive attitudes and willingness to find solutions to problems.

Cons

I really don't have any cons about Amedisys. I wish they hadn't changed the Core Beliefs, but I understand the need to stay pro-active and plan for future changes in health care.

Continue to treat all staff fairly. Be very knowledgable in Amedisy policies and procedures. Be willing to apply discplinary actions when staff do not meet expectations, and also reward staff who exceed expectations. People in leadership must be able to find that fine line between being too seperate from the staff and too friendly with the staff. Either way you risk losing respect.

308 Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys (View Most Recent)

hard work

Current Employee - Field Clinician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Field Clinician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great work enviorment with local office staff

Cons

too many corporate demands and regulations

nothing. Corporate dictates

Constant stress and no appreciation for those who are more than willing to work daily including every weekend for years.

Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Portland, OR

I worked at Amedisys part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I cannot find any good in this company

Cons

Frequent turn over in clinical managers and nurses. Payroll making constant mistakes in paychecks

Company owners should review how thier managers make decisions regarding employees and how employeed are left out of the process until it directly affects them

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys