Great company to work for long term

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist  in  Salina, KS
Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Salina, KS

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pay is among the best

Cons

Hard to balance work and home life with the commitment expected by company

Other Reviews for Amedisys

They are very supportive of employees.

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Home Care  in  Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Home Care in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work for and with.
    Pay for experience
    Flexible
    Promote regularly.

Cons

There is no such thing as nine to five.

Listen to your employees and what your clients say about you.

Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Clinical Manager  in  Blairsville, GA
    Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Blairsville, GA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Clear expectations. Good pay. My DOO treats all staff fairly. She goes the extra mile to provide flexibility when unusual situations arise. Great working conditions. Employee needs are solicited and acted upon faster than I would expect. Unbelievable opportunities for education. The responsibility to make use of these opportunities is put on the employee where it should be. ***My opinion is that the workload is not overwhelming. Staff need to take responsibility for time management and balancing work with family responsibilities. Home health requires incredible flexibility, accountability, professionalism and dedication. It is not for everyone. If you are looking for an easy job, do not consider home health. But if you want to use your skills in the art and science of nursing, are not afraid of constant challenges and change, and seek to make a difference in peoples lives, home health may be your calling. My advice to many people who have posted reviews on this site is to resign now-try to find somewhere else to work that will make you happier. We need nurses, therapists, aides and office staff with positive attitudes and willingness to find solutions to problems.

Cons

I really don't have any cons about Amedisys. I wish they hadn't changed the Core Beliefs, but I understand the need to stay pro-active and plan for future changes in health care.

Continue to treat all staff fairly. Be very knowledgable in Amedisy policies and procedures. Be willing to apply discplinary actions when staff do not meet expectations, and also reward staff who exceed expectations. People in leadership must be able to find that fine line between being too seperate from the staff and too friendly with the staff. Either way you risk losing respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys.

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!