Amedisys
www.amedisys.com Baton Rouge, LA 5000+ Employees

A fast climb to the top. I have had a very good experience so far. I have worked hard and put in a lot of effort.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay has been very good. I came from a hospital and the pay was much higher then my hospital job and the stress is much less.

ConsThe computer charting is very time consuming. Management insists that it can be done in the home but this is not always the case. It really depends on what kind of patient you are seeing. Most start of cares will take 1-2 hours to complete and this is uninterupted time outside of the home.

Advice to Senior ManagementRN's need to be paid more money for start of cares, resumptions and recerts. They have to spend a lot of time outside of work completing charting. Marketing gets the bonuses for bringing in patients and the RN's rarely get bonuses for working long hours. In fact, they are usually reprimanded for working overtime.

Probable discrimination against older/higher paid employees in favor of newer/younger professionals!

P T (Former Employee)
Campbellsville, TN

I worked at Amedisys full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Above average PTO for you if you can hang on! Cons: High pressure to increase revenue by employing suspect documentation thru' deception and exageration of pt. need and outcomes. When layoffs are mandated by senior management… Advice to Senior Management: You have some real liability issues in your smaller rural markets concerning local area managment hiring of their family and school buddies,… More

Sad in Virginia

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The staff I work with daily are east to get along with. They take good care… Cons: Upper management in Virginia are destroying offices. Within two months new management have cut staff and run staff off or scared staff so bad… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the Current VPs and AVPs in Virginia and do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amedisys.

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amedisys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amedisys CEO Bill Borne. All reviews posted anonymously by Amedisys employees.