There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

Home Health nursing helps patient stay well at home.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Amedisys full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company's staff takes good care of patients at home providing compassionate and knowledgeable home care. Management provides positive support for staff to help them achieve company goals.

Cons

Car allowance/reimbursement could be more. Mississippi nursing salary lower than Louisiana.
It is sometimes difficult to stay focused on providing care when some patients just want to visit. Electronic charting time consuming.

276 Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys (View Most Recent)

A fast climb to the top. I have had a very good experience so far. I have worked hard and put in a lot of effort.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay has been very good. I came from a hospital and the pay was much higher then my hospital job and the stress is much less.

Cons

The computer charting is very time consuming. Management insists that it can be done in the home but this is not always the case. It really depends on what kind of patient you are seeing. Most start of cares will take 1-2 hours to complete and this is uninterupted time outside of the home.

RN's need to be paid more money for start of cares, resumptions and recerts. They have to spend a lot of time outside of work completing charting. Marketing gets the bonuses for bringing in patients and the RN's rarely get bonuses for working long hours. In fact, they are usually reprimanded for working overtime.

Probable discrimination against older/higher paid employees in favor of newer/younger professionals!

Former Employee - P T  in  Campbellsville, TN
    Former Employee - P T in Campbellsville, TN

I worked at Amedisys full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Above average PTO for you if you can hang on!

Cons

High pressure to increase revenue by employing suspect documentation thru' deception and exageration of pt. need and outcomes.
    When layoffs are mandated by senior management they are likely to cut they higher paid and higher acrued PTO employees in favor of new grads(i.e.also less experienced) and lower paid employees. Run Forest...run away!

You have some real liability issues in your smaller rural markets concerning local area managment hiring of their family and school buddies, creating position openings for them and promating them with bias. Sometimes at the expense of non-indigenous flesh! "Welcome aboard second cousin Ellie!"

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!