There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

Great place to grow as clinician

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Gulfport, MS
Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Gulfport, MS

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Financially stable company. Opportunity for career growth for hard working individuals

Cons

Frequent Change in Policy/Procedures in order to be proactive

Subtle changes will assist with retaining your desirable staff.

reviews filtered by

Top Down Uncaring Bureaucracy....

Current Employee - Clinician in Douglasville, GA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Douglasville, GA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Big company that pulls in patient volumes with aggressive marketing.

Cons

This company is mired in a top-down management style that is packed with uncaring robots in middle management. Middle management spends much of its time behind closed doors receiving the latest marching orders and then emerges with the priority of PROTECTING THEIR OWN BACK to announce the latest dictates passed down from the clouds. Offering suggestions is quickly crushed as management stomps down anything that might make them look poorly to those viewing from above...

The TOP TIER OF MANGEMENT NEEDS to add Sam Walton to their esteemed reading library and try to discover what is happening at the field staff level without the filter of middle management white washing.

Loved the patients and the work. Administration made me hate it Senior Medical Director resigned today

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

Pay, the rewards from helping patients

Cons

The Regional director of the NE is incompetent, immature and arrogant. Because or this individual 90% of all NPs resigned. 2 poor souls have been recruited recently who don't know better. The company is going down. Management "pep talks" in order to avoid mass resignations, then lays off with no notice. the micromanagement is awful. Do not trust them. It's about the money. We were not "family" or if we were, I would rather they stay home for Thanksgiving.

Fire current regional directors. Bill Borne is a man with a vision, and a good one. Hire people with management and financial experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys