Full of never-realized potential

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most people who work there are smart, proactive and pleasant. It's fast-paced and allows you to take on a lot of responsibility. The responsibilities and training can be a great résumé-builder for your next job.

Cons

Your future prospects are entirely independent of your work. Everything is about quarterly earnings. No matter how wonderful you are performing, if earnings are down, you may lose your job. Salaries have been frozen for years with no end in sight. Organization structure is very top heavy.

Advice to Management

Investments in technology will never compensate for lack of investment in employees. Stop being short-sighted and cutting expenses that will hurt you in the long run. Create a long-term plan and stick with it.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great people, strong clinicians,

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

Good People committed to quality patient care

Cons

Corporate does not understand the uniqueness of the Florida market. Will only take the straight Medicare Patient

Advice to Management

Consider Medicare/HMO supplement patient

Philosophy a lie. An example

Former Employee - Clinician
    Former Employee - Clinician

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

It's a job. You can drive around in your car. It feels good to help patients

Cons

An example. At an inservice for the Palliative Care team, we were told that they would "...never be able to earn our salary... Our job was to "funnel" palliative care patients into hospice where the big money was. I watched in horror as the speaker drew a diagram with arrows respresenting my patients funnelled into hospice. The only thing I could think of was cattle being funnelled for slaughter. I thought that my job was to alieve pain for those with life threatening illnesses. I had hopes that they would survive.If my patients had a serious diagnosis, but I was able to make them comfortable we were told to "...check in every month or two..." then we can get them into Hospice. I was horrified and disgusted. As a clinician I could no longer ethically work for this company.

Advice to Management

Grow a heart. It's not supposed to be about money.