Philosophy a lie. An example

Former Employee - Clinician
Former Employee - Clinician

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

It's a job. You can drive around in your car. It feels good to help patients

Cons

An example. At an inservice for the Palliative Care team, we were told that they would "...never be able to earn our salary... Our job was to "funnel" palliative care patients into hospice where the big money was. I watched in horror as the speaker drew a diagram with arrows respresenting my patients funnelled into hospice. The only thing I could think of was cattle being funnelled for slaughter. I thought that my job was to alieve pain for those with life threatening illnesses. I had hopes that they would survive.If my patients had a serious diagnosis, but I was able to make them comfortable we were told to "...check in every month or two..." then we can get them into Hospice. I was horrified and disgusted. As a clinician I could no longer ethically work for this company.

Grow a heart. It's not supposed to be about money.

Other Reviews for Amedisys

Horrible

Former Employee - Doo  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Doo in Orlando, FL

I worked at Amedisys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When I first started things were very good six years ago. I left a few ,
    Months ago and my avp of ops did not even have the professionalism to ask me why I was leaving after six years of DOO ing it allll no pros all cons

Cons

CEO don't believe the bs the avp tell you it's all lies

Cut the crap and look at what is happening in the offices

Top Down Uncaring Bureaucracy....

Current Employee - Clinician  in  Douglasville, GA
    Current Employee - Clinician in Douglasville, GA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big company that pulls in patient volumes with aggressive marketing.

Cons

This company is mired in a top-down management style that is packed with uncaring robots in middle management. Middle management spends much of its time behind closed doors receiving the latest marching orders and then emerges with the priority of PROTECTING THEIR OWN BACK to announce the latest dictates passed down from the clouds. Offering suggestions is quickly crushed as management stomps down anything that might make them look poorly to those viewing from above...

The TOP TIER OF MANGEMENT NEEDS to add Sam Walton to their esteemed reading library and try to discover what is happening at the field staff level without the filter of middle management white washing.

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys.

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!