There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

What a joke amedisys sacramento ca

Former Employee - CTC in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - CTC in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Amedisys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits for health vision dental

Cons

Don't work here. They are disorganized and have currently closed several offices. The DOO in Sacramento is vindictive and old the area vice president is an upper crust snot. The clinical manager and all the nurses are lazy. Seriously this place will use you then pit you out. If the area vice president decides he doesnt like you he pitches a snit fit. These people dont want to work. Horrible experience

Advice to Management

Grow up and learn how to treat people

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Philosophy a lie. An example

Former Employee - Clinician
    Former Employee - Clinician

I worked at Amedisys full-time

Pros

It's a job. You can drive around in your car. It feels good to help patients

Cons

An example. At an inservice for the Palliative Care team, we were told that they would "...never be able to earn our salary... Our job was to "funnel" palliative care patients into hospice where the big money was. I watched in horror as the speaker drew a diagram with arrows respresenting my patients funnelled into hospice. The only thing I could think of was cattle being funnelled for slaughter. I thought that my job was to alieve pain for those with life threatening illnesses. I had hopes that they would survive.If my patients had a serious diagnosis, but I was able to make them comfortable we were told to "...check in every month or two..." then we can get them into Hospice. I was horrified and disgusted. As a clinician I could no longer ethically work for this company.

Advice to Management

Grow a heart. It's not supposed to be about money.

Good Money... No Balance , No Life

Current Employee - RN Case Manager
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money is good, pays more than most places in the area

Cons

Everything is about productivity, not patient care. Outcomes Outcomes Outcomes. It is disheartening to hear all the negative and rarely any positive. Managment and buzz word heavy, good field worker light. The new lean Amedisys , UGH! IF you want a life outside of work, this is NOT the place to get it.

Advice to Management

CUT THE FAT. Be realistic about what you are asking of your employees. If it is truly about the patietn, let us do our work with the patient!!